Friday, May 27, 2022

It's Been a Hot Minute

 Hey there,

Back in 2011 I started a blog...it's 2022 and I'm continuing it.  I'm an empty nester living in the Pacific Northwest with my man of 47 years and I get distracted sometimes and forget to finish what I started.  That's all I have to say about why it's been 11 years and a few changes since I've felt the urge to write again.

It's been an eventful 11 years, and eventually I'll get to all of it, but right now let's talk about you. You have to be just like everyone else and wondering what's happened to the world. We've basically lost the run of ourselves. How have you managed the past (especially) 2 years? Have there been job changes? Relationship changes? You aren't alone if you feel like the ground under you is shifting and is making you feel uncomfortable, exhilarated, curious and all the other feelings that come with life that's moving at both breakneck speed and at a snail's pace.

For me, I've tried to see this time as a respite from what's "normal" (whatever that is).  What am I to learn here and now?  Well, I learned that sourdough starter starts and never ends, and 2 people cannot, and should not eat countless loaves of sourdough bread; I learned that when I think I've arrived at a conclusion, it's only a door swinging into another beginning; I learned that I am resourceful, bright and hilarious; I learned how to do Instagram reels (speaking of hilarity) and countless other valuable stuff.  I started a walking regimen that lasted approximately a month and then it rained.  I guess my point is here, we will never arrive, our job is to keep going, keep trying, stay curious, keep learning.  I can't wait for the next 20 years, how about you?  And I'll be 91 in 20 years, sis.  I've got plans.

Check out Feasting at Home for my favorite sourdough bread recipe:

https://www.feastingathome.com/sourdough-bread/

2 comments:

  1. You are always a bright spot in my life!! I loved our challenges of getting together in those “off” two years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did too! I’m so happy we’ve re-connected!

      Delete

Happy July (already?)

Can you believe it, you guys?!  Half of 2022 is over, donezo, finito. So far, it’s been full of discovery, both personally and worldly for m...